Monday, May 11, 2015

LA TImes Technology Addiction Article Response

The article I chose to read was "The business and culture of our digital lives", from the L.A. Times written by Shan Li. It first says that if we haven't been at a dinner and had an urgency to check our phone. Personally, I find this true, because every time I go out I have it in the back of my head. Usually, I think I wonder what's going on with the celebrities that I follow on social media, family member, friends or sales that are promoted on social media. I feel like if we saw something interesting when we first checked we are going to want to look at that thing and further research it. People have everything connected to their phones like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, Emails, and Youtube are just some of the things that people have. Every time something new that the person is interested in it would notify them. By them getting all these notification it will be harder for them to not check their phones. A British student said "Media is my drug; without it I was lost." "I am an addict. How could I survive 24 hours without it?" If they would just go out and have fun. They can forget about their phones while doing activities such as bowling, golf or soccer are just some. If they are motivated and have the focus on what they are doing and not focusing on their phones. My personal experience is whenever I have Wi-Fi I am more tempted to check my I-pad mini. Whenever I go out with my family, I don't really have the urgency to check anything. I usually enjoy what I'm doing. I find it incredible that people  would actually give up brushing there teeth for their phones. Its amazing what the world is coming to.http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/08/technology-addiction-chocolate-caffeine.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment